Tarot can be an extremely effective way of dealing with transition seasons. A transition season (Spring or Autumn), means that the weather is transitioning from one ‘extreme’ to another. Spring transitions from the cold of winter to the warmth of summer. In pagan religions, this time of year is called Ostara, after the Germanic Goddess of the Spring and the celebration of the Spring Equinox. This is why this is the perfect time of year to do an Ostara Tarot Spread, or (Spring Equinox Tarot Spread depending on your name preference)!
Tarot and Ostara
The Spring Equinox is all about growth, fertility, transition, and balance. This transition brings profound energy to do things, the rid the old and refresh with the new. With the right questions, tarot can tap into the transitional energy found during this time of year, to better understand how you can utilize that energy to truly bloom.
I don’t currently offer an Ostara/Spring Equinox tarot reading, however, I do have Fresh Start, which is perfect a transition season reading – click here to learn all about it and find out if it’s right for you!
30 Questions for Ostara
- What is my overall theme for this Spring?
- What should I rid myself of in the coming season?
- What should I ‘plant’ now to reap the benefits from later this year?
- What do I need to do to ‘cultivate’ this idea I’m planting?
- How will this idea I’m planting blossom in my life?
- What do I need to embrace with the coming light?
- What skills should I focus on honing?
- What challenges might I face on my new path this season?
- What steps can I take to achieve my new goals?
- What ideas or directions may be ‘decaying’ this season?
- Where should I be focusing my energy this season?
- How can I use decaying ideas to fertilize new paths?
- What area do I need to move forward in?
- What area do I need to step back from?
- What upcoming growth opportunities should I embrace?
- What lessons can I learn from this past season?
- How can I best adjust to new changes coming?
- How can I best accept new changes coming?
- What can I look forward to?
- What is being reborn or awakening inside of me this season?
- What inspired this new rebirth/awakening?
- How can I nurture this rebirth/awakening?
- What energies are in abundance around me right now?
- Where do I need balance in my life?
- What do I need to do less of to balance my life?
- What do I need to do more of to balance my life?
- How can I bring these forces into balance?
- What will emerge when I find this balance?
- What will Spring bring me in regards to [family, love, career, mental health, etc.]?
- What signs from the universe should I look for to follow?
Feeling overwhelmed, stressed out, and struggling to appreciate the day-to-day? IN PURSUIT OF JOY is a printable eWorkBook providing real-life encouragement, a mindset refresh, and practical self-care activities to help you rediscover the joy of being alive! Every purchase helps keep the blog alive and supplied with free material, so thank you! ♥
This post may contain affiliate links. The information contained on this site is intended for educational purposes only and is not a substitute for advice, diagnosis, or treatment by a licensed physician. You should seek prompt medical care for any health issues and consult your doctor before using alternative medicine or making a change to your regimen.